Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Two-mile meeting and Innovation

Two thoughts raced toward my mind….

One, I’d still like to see a 2 mile meeting convened for an update on everything within that circle. It would NOT be a Town meeting, but a people meeting instead. I will think more about that. It could play into your hopes. Doing briefings piecemeal misses your point and many many people. One session, with open discussion, dealing with all of the issues – I’d like a briefing from the principal at Scroggs, for example, and one from the NC Botanical Garden, The Triangle Land Conservancy, and UNC! – might be really attractive especially if the focus is on keeping it a non-Town event. They can come and I hope they would.


Second, I still think we need to get innovation into the mix. I thought of this imagining a Target or a Kroger or any big store you might name. How do we focus on innovation as the highest and best use – what could go into Obey Creek that might really turn heads and make a difference either here in the overall community or in the world, or somewhere inbetween? When I see the passion of the people at Ipas and then compare it with a walk around a Target store, something really seems unnecessarily wrong. We ought to be able to extend passion to success in meeting important needs, from groceries to lives saved. WSM does a bit of that, and maybe we need to have a sit-down with Ruffin to see what he could do with bigger space at Obey Creek? How could WSM be even more innovative? I have some ideas as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment